this is why
taylor bouchard, founder ducklings travel
when I was 10 years old, I was diagnosed with an arteriovenous malformation. Since my diagnosis, I have traveled to Denver, Colorado, for fifteen surgeries.
For some clarification, I am 18 years old and have lived in southwest Florida for my entire life. I learned that my condition was not life threatening, but something I would likely deal with for the rest of my life. I felt for children, like me, that suffered debilitating medical conditions, and who had to endure the burden of traveling for their necessary medical treatments. At 17 years old, I found myself toying with ideas of how I could help.
Over those 7 years, we learned firsthand that traveling for treatment was costly, and we couldn’t even fathom the situation for others who weren’t able to afford the travel costs to receive the medical treatment they needed. With my past experiences in mind, the help of my mom, a loan from my dad, and a whole lot of whimsical hope, we founded Ducklings Travel. The mission of Ducklings Travel is to aid families in need of financial travel assistance for the treatment of non-life threatening, yet debilitating, medical conditions. Financial assistance is offered to ensure no child is denied access to distant specialized medical attention due to travel expenses.
At Ducklings Travel, everything we do is fueled with passion. We understand the importance of health, and we are focused on changing lives for the better.
what we do
your support helps us ensure no child is denied medical attention due to travel expenses.
- We cover the travel costs that families incur while traveling for their child’s necessary medical treatment.
- We know what it’s like to endure the burden of traveling for medical treatment; we are happy to provide a helping hand to these families.
- We’re committed to our mission, and we hope you’ll join us.
how you can help
with your help, we’re changing lives for the better.
- Your gift translates to our financial assistance. Whether it be airfare, lodging, transportation, and/or food, your contributions cover these costs for our recipients.
- 100% of proceeds go towards our mission, so you can give with confidence.